Dear friends and well wishers
Sarbat has been on a tremendous journey in the past few years and it wouldn’t have been possible without your help. We are now taking the next step to form a truly global group. Being based in London is a huge opportunity but we feel that we are missing out on tapping a huge online resource (people like you) who may not be based in the city or even UK perhaps.
The battle ahead to repeal section 377 in India is just beginning and we are joining in that conversation. With each year passing without any progress on this issue, a huge section of Indian society is being left behind. Several progressive countries all over the world have taken giant steps towards LGBT equality and it’s about time India joins them if it is to be true to its constitutional ideals of inclusiveness. We also need our friends based in India to fight the cause for equality – we are able to help in any way possible and give a very Sikh perspective.
We have decided to be primarily focussed on global online campaigning with fewer (but targeted) UK based events throughout the year. We will be running another Sikh Perspective event in summer of this year that would be open to all. Above all this is a call to all – We need your help!
- We need contributors to provide articles on issues affecting LGBT Sikhs.
- We need testimonials from people who are in various stages of coming out and want to talk about their experiences.
- We need people with skills in graphic designing who can help us produce artwork for posters, our website or pride events worldwide.
- We need Sikh ministers of religion who are on our side of this battle. There is no reason to stay silent – LGBT equality is a social issue that affects all of us. Whether we live in India or UK, Canada or Germany – we need people like you on our side.
- We need people who can organise events and truly commit to the fight towards equality everywhere. These people can be based anywhere in the world.
Now is the time to make a very important choice – either to stay quiet or to take a stand and make your voice heard.
Please like our facebook page, subscribe to our twitter feed or join our mailing list.