Sarbat’s first event outside of London will be held in Birmingham on the second weekend of December.
The details for the weekend are as follows:
Saturday 11th December
– 2.30pm SHARP – meet in foyer of Arc Apartments, The Arcadian Centre, 2nd Floor, Hurst Street, Birmingham B5 4TD for room allocations (if staying in the reserved accommodation)
-3.30pm to 4.30pm – Visit to a gurdwara and partaking of langar (for details of which gurdwara, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call 07869 429610)
– 4.30pm to 5.30pm – Exploring Soho Road and Punjabi quarter of Birmingham
– 6pm to 7.30pm – Return to Arc Apartments
– 7.30pm to 8.30pm – Formal Meeting for Sarbat Weekender – discussion will be ‘What is a Sikh?’ (for venue details, call or text us on 07869 429610)
– 8.30pm to 10pm – Dinner (for venue details, call or text us on 07869 429610)
– 10pm onwards – Bars/club in or around Hurst Street
Sunday 12th December
– 11am to 1pm – Brunch in the Arcadian Centre
– 1pm onwards – shopping/chilling/visiting friends or family (whatever you want)
– 4pm – Return to London from Birmingham
If you are interested in staying with us at the Arcadian Centre, please email us at email@example.com for more information about costs – it should be about £35 for the night.
Return tickets from London to Birmingham will cost £19.50 (although there may be engineering works being carried on the line, so there may be a replacement bus service).
If you need a lift from London, some Sarbat members have volunteered to take people in their cars. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Please feel free to attend all, some, or just one of the events organised for the Sarbat Weekender. Future Sarbat Weekenders will include Brighton and Manchester.